• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk with two external Name Servers

Envost

New Pleskian
Hallo my name is Ivan, I am new to Plesk. I have created two external name servers with BIND, one as primary and one as a secondary. My question is, is it possible to turn of Plesk hosting the dns and just syncing to primary name server? I have switched of DNS on Plesk but then the zone does not get synced to primary server, am I missing something or chasing my own tail. I only want to use Plesk for creating account and adding dns records don't want to add it manually on primary server. Don't know if this is possible on Plesk.

Really would appreciate if someone would be able to assist me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks have installed it, and working perfectly, but when I switch off dns on Plesk the newly created account's dns does not sync to master name server. As per the Plesk documentation if you have external name servers you can switch off the Plesk dns. Maybe I am not understanding the concept correctly. I then have 2 master name servers and one slave? Will that not cause issues?
Kind Regards

External name server means that you have your own nameservers where you maintain the DNS records yourself, not through Plesk. If you do not want to use Plesk DNS, the extension that syncs an external (additional) nameserver with your Plesk settings is useless.

External name server means that you have your own nameservers where you maintain the DNS records yourself, not through Plesk. If you do not want to use Plesk DNS, the extension that syncs an external (additional) nameserver with your Plesk settings is useless.
Makes sense now, thanks for the reply.

Back