• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Won't Allow Me To Assign a New IP to a Domain

M

Michael Legg

I need to allocate a domain an exclusive IP in order to install an SSL cert.

I've added the new IP via "Settings" >> "IP Addresses", set it to Exclusive and assigned it to the correct Client.

But when I go to [domain name] >> "Web Hosting Settings" the new IP doesn't appear in the drop down list.

What do I have to do to make Plesk let me use this IP?

Can you see this exclusive IP in Client's IP addresses?

Can you see this exclusive IP in Client's IP addresses?

Yes I could, but I found away around the problem - I unassigned it from the client and then Plesk let me assign it to the domain.

So the IP appears to be available to all clients, but that's OK because it's already assigned and they won't be able to use it.

The problem now it that the site won't work.

It just displays the error -

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

I manually applied permissions for IUSR and IWPD users and it appears to be working again now.

Why would changing a sites IP address have any effect on file permissions?

Now FTP doesn't work. "Home Directory Inaccessible"

I ran websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com but it didn't fix anything.

Found the answer here - http://kb.odin.com/549

I would have thought that any domain or IP that pointed to the server could be used as the FTP hostname ... apparently I was wrong. You must use the exact IP or domain of the account to which you are trying to connect.

Back