1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk wont load after upgrade to 9.3

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by MichaelO, Apr 12, 2010.

1. MichaelO

MichaelO Guest

Hi,

Im a moderate user, but by no means an expert at this stuff, i run my own server, mostly for my business website, which i "maintain" myself. Any help here would be appriciated but excuse my ignorance in certain things.

Basically, I tried to update Plesk to 9.3 and numerous components through the web interface, after about 20min I got an email stated the update was completed, In which I tried to log into my Plesk Panel, but alas I received a HTTP 500 error on my plesk port :)8443, im guessing thats a standard port) and also none of my subdomains would work, i logged in via SSH and ran the parrallels updater, which seemed to go through successfully.

Once I ran the Parrallels updater, my sub domains started working again, thank god. but could still not get into Plesk Panel, I then attempted to restart the service and reboot the whole server, after both instances I still did not have access to the Panel.

I have since had a read through some of the topics scattered around here and through google for advise on the issue, with not alot of luck, I ran a few commands mentioned, including to

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from misc where param='version'"

# cat /usr/local/psa/version

# rpm -q psa

To confirm my version which came back with

+---------+------+
    | param | val |
    +---------+------+
    | version | 0930 |
    +---------+------+
    9.3.0 CentOS 5 93091230.07
    psa-9.3.0-cos5.build93091230.07

all which seem correct.

I than ran

# /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm

to confirm Plesk was working and received the following

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 30
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 212
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1304
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_PORT in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1309
    Expires: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:00:00 GMT
    Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:55:15 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
    Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    P3P: CP="NON COR CURa ADMa OUR NOR UNI COM NAV STA"
    Content-type: text/html

<html><head><title></title>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/common.js?plesk_version=psa-9.3.0-93091230.07"/></script>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype.js?plesk_version=psa-9.3.0-93091230.07"></script>
    <script>
    var opt_no_frames = false;
    var opt_integrated_mode = false;
    </script>

</head><body onLoad=";top.location='/login.php3?window_id=&amp;requested_url=http%3A%2F%2F';"></body></html><!--______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________IE error page size limitation______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-->

This is where im stuck, I could keep looking around on forums and tryng random things people reccomend, but I am really afraid of breaking it furthur, just wondering if anyone can assist me in getting access back to my Plesk Panel.

Thanks

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Did you tried to restart psa service and check /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log ?

3. MichaelO

MichaelO Guest

When I try and restart Plesk, I receive the following

Starting xinetd service... done
    Starting named service... done
    Starting mysqld service... done
    Starting postgresql service... done
    Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
    Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
    Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
    Starting Plesk... packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): No such file or directory
    System error 2: No such file or directory
    packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): No such file or directory
    System error 2: No such file or directory
    done
    Starting drwebd service... failed

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Check that you have correct permissions:

5. MichaelO

MichaelO Guest

Well there we have it, just needed a nudge in the right direction.

I had forgotten that amonst one of the threads i read, someone said delete the tmp folder, this at the time seemed like a good idea as I concidered it might have the update files in it that may have been corrupted and I deleted it, but when you asked me to checked the permissions, it said the directory didnt exist, I recreated it, set the right permissions and BINGO Plesk is back in full swing.

Thanks alot for your help, really appriciate it.