• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk wont load after upgrade to 9.3

M

MichaelO

Hi,

Im a moderate user, but by no means an expert at this stuff, i run my own server, mostly for my business website, which i "maintain" myself. Any help here would be appriciated but excuse my ignorance in certain things.

Basically, I tried to update Plesk to 9.3 and numerous components through the web interface, after about 20min I got an email stated the update was completed, In which I tried to log into my Plesk Panel, but alas I received a HTTP 500 error on my plesk port :)8443, im guessing thats a standard port) and also none of my subdomains would work, i logged in via SSH and ran the parrallels updater, which seemed to go through successfully.

Once I ran the Parrallels updater, my sub domains started working again, thank god. but could still not get into Plesk Panel, I then attempted to restart the service and reboot the whole server, after both instances I still did not have access to the Panel.

I have since had a read through some of the topics scattered around here and through google for advise on the issue, with not alot of luck, I ran a few commands mentioned, including to

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from misc where param='version'"

# cat /usr/local/psa/version

# rpm -q psa

To confirm my version which came back with

+---------+------+
| param | val |
+---------+------+
| version | 0930 |
+---------+------+
9.3.0 CentOS 5 93091230.07
psa-9.3.0-cos5.build93091230.07

all which seem correct.

I than ran

# /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm

to confirm Plesk was working and received the following

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 30
PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 212
PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1304
PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_PORT in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 1309
Expires: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:55:15 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
P3P: CP="NON COR CURa ADMa OUR NOR UNI COM NAV STA"
Content-type: text/html

<html><head><title></title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/common.js?plesk_version=psa-9.3.0-93091230.07"/></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype.js?plesk_version=psa-9.3.0-93091230.07"></script>
<script>
var opt_no_frames = false;
var opt_integrated_mode = false;
</script>

</head><body onLoad=";top.location='/login.php3?window_id=&amp;requested_url=http%3A%2F%2F';"></body></html><!--______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________IE error page size limitation______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-->

This is where im stuck, I could keep looking around on forums and tryng random things people reccomend, but I am really afraid of breaking it furthur, just wondering if anyone can assist me in getting access back to my Plesk Panel.

Thanks

Did you tried to restart psa service and check /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log ?

When I try and restart Plesk, I receive the following

Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting postgresql service... done
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting Plesk... packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): No such file or directory
System error 2: No such file or directory
packagemng: Unable to create 'dirty' flag (/usr/local/psa/tmp/components_dirty_flag): No such file or directory
System error 2: No such file or directory
done
Starting drwebd service... failed

Check that you have correct permissions:

# stat /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper
File: `/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper'
Size: 19760 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: e7h/231d Inode: 19983742 Links: 1
Access: (4110/---s--x---) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 502/ psaadm)

# stat /usr/local/psa/tmp
File: `/usr/local/psa/tmp'
Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: e7h/231d Inode: 20175252 Links: 3
Access: (0777/drwxrwxrwx) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)

Well there we have it, just needed a nudge in the right direction.

I had forgotten that amonst one of the threads i read, someone said delete the tmp folder, this at the time seemed like a good idea as I concidered it might have the update files in it that may have been corrupted and I deleted it, but when you asked me to checked the permissions, it said the directory didnt exist, I recreated it, set the right permissions and BINGO Plesk is back in full swing.

Thanks alot for your help, really appriciate it.

Back