• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk12.5 to 17.8 Update Error

DragonMaster

Basic Pleskian
Plesk12.5 to 17.8 Update Error

Even if you update from the screen of Plesk 12.5, it will not be updated.

I need to adjust [updates] in the repository file, how should I describe it?

Let's see how the community can best assist you. Would it be possible that you mention a few more facts about your installation, e.g. what operating system and version you are currently using and what error message you are encountering? Plesk 12.5 is quite old, and 17.8 is also quite outdated. Does your system fulfill the minimum hardware and software requirements for an update to 17.8?

I understand that OS5 is probably CentOS 5 or another RHEL? If this is the case, unfortunately that operating system is not supported any longer. Have you considered to install a new server on a supported operating system and migrate the content to it?

Here is a detailed step-by-step guide for such migrations, maybe it can help you do it:
(It is much easier to do such a migration than what the length of the guide suggests.)

Yes, this is - in theory - possible, but as far as I know 17.x does not run on your OS either. For that reason: On your existing system it is not possible. Please do not try an in-place upgrade of your operating system, it will break Plesk. So this is really not a recommended path.

The correct solution is to setup a new server and to either migrate the existing installation using Plesk migrator, or to restore a full backup to the latest Plesk. Plesk Obsidian 18.x is way, way, way better than any previous version. I strongly suggest to look into it. You'll get many advantages of Plesk 18.x over 17.x. It might need this one time time investment, but you'll get a much better, advanced system as a result. You'll need 18.x for all new deployments such as the latest WP Toolkit etc. anyway, and the backup manager supports the new time and capacity saving tzst format. There are really a lot of benefits, I know, because I have started out with Plesk 12.0 myself.

If you do not want to do a migration on your own, one option could be to hire Plesk Professional Services for it. They got staff that does it for you, and these people really know what they are doing.

At this point I think we're running out of more options for you here. Maybe someone else here can pitch in more advice.

Back