• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution Plesk2Dropbox Backup Script

BoiseComputer

Regular Pleskian
Plesk2Dropbox is a script I created that will take your most recent Plesk server backup, create a single TAR file, and then uploads that TAR file to Dropbox using the day of the week as the name. This allows you to create a cron job at any interval greater than 24 hours. If you do a nightly backup there will be a file for each day of the week in your Dropbox backup folder.

Plesk has an extension that allows you to do a nightly backup of an individual account or the whole server to Dropbox. I found that it was impossible to do anything but a nightly backup using this setup and the full server backups never successfully uploaded to Dropbox.

To download the script go to my website:
http://www.biteoftech.com/2014/09/27/plesk2dropbox-backup-script/

Plesk has an extension that allows you to do a nightly backup of an individual account or the whole server to Dropbox. I found that it was impossible to do anything but a nightly backup using this setup and the full server backups never successfully uploaded to Dropbox.

Hi Brian, can you elaborate on this?

The current DropBox extension for backups would upload a file most of the day and then just have an error at the end. I could never get it to successfully upload the full system backup to my Dropbox account. Individual account backups seem to operate fine.

I have just installed your extension on a windows server and sadly had to quickly remove it again.

After installation I connected it to my dropbox and then setup a scheduled backup, nothing else, I did not run an single domain backups. I was just going to wait for the scheduled task to run.

However, after this initial setup I started to receive an email every minute:

Running task: D:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php.exe -c "D:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\conf\php.ini" -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php "D:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\dropbox-backup\scripts\plesk-task-manager.php"
Started: Thu Dec 11 10:43:01 2014
Ended successfully: Thu Dec 11 10:43:01 2014

I unticked the scheduled backup task but still no change, after 30mins of emails I have had to remove the extension.

Any thoughts?

No problem. You are looking at the extension that is made by someone else. My script is only for Linux. Sorry I can't be of help.

Hi Brian,

I would like to know how to set your script up in my plesk server, I did not figure how to link it to my google drive account.
Do you have a step by step procedure to set this up?

Back