• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pleskbackup command line - doesn't generate backup

D

Designthatfits

Hi,

I'm looking to implement a new backup routine on one of my servers and am planning to run the pleskbackup command via cron, specifying a folder on the server for the file to output to that I'll then pickup and sync to an amazon S3 account.

When I run the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup domains-name --from-file=/var/mybackups/baklist.txt -v --output-file=/var/mybackups/test.bak

I get a success message back from the command, with a url to view the logs. I've opened up the logs and every single entry gives the same errors

== STDERR ====================
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
31457280 bytes (31 MB) copied, 0.0748522 s, 420 MB/s
/bin/tar: clients/myclient/domains/mydomain.co.uk/backup_mydomain.co.uk_vhost_1108051044.tgz: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

Now, i've looked in the /var/lib/psa/dumps/ folder and indeed the file it can't find doesn't exist. But surely the whole point of the pleskbackup command is that it generates these backups and then outputs the tar.gz in the directory I've chosen?? Am I missing something?

Ta,
D

Back