• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

PMM - Change default backup location

WesleyG

New Pleskian
Plesk 11.5 (Windows Server 2008 R2)

I changed the dump location, but how do I change the default backup location on the destination server from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\tmp

to:
D:\temp

?????????????????????????????????

Also, how do I change it on the source server as well? I have tons of space on the D drive, but only 200GB on the C drive.

?????????????????????????????????

Thanks!

Igor, this will change the temp location on the source server, but it will not change the tmp location on the destination server. I did both methods with a server reboot. How is it done on the destination?

Also, I really just want the plesk configuration, and not the data. I will transfer data on my own in a much faster method. I want the PMM to just gather the configuration from the source server, and transfer it to the destination server. I see no option for this.

Options are:
Restore Configuration & all data
Restore Configuration a vhosts data, but not mail
Restore mail only

I would just take a configuration backup, and restore it, but of course that fails miserably, so can PMM do just this?

Source: Windows 2008 R2 & Plesk 11
Destination: Windows 2008 R2 & Plesk 11.5

Thanks!

You can change the default backup location by using the "Plesk Reconfigurator" tool, which can be found at the "Start > All Programs > Parallels >" location. When you open the tool, you'll see the option for changing the default backup location.

You can change the default backup location by using the "Plesk Reconfigurator" tool, which can be found at the "Start > All Programs > Parallels >" location. When you open the tool, you'll see the option for changing the default backup location.

Source server was changed fine with Igor's method for the PMM. Need the destination server's tmp location changed.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you need.
If you did that on the source server, then why can't you just repeat the same on the destination server?
You have access to the destination server, right?

Back