• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pointing more domains to 1 webspace

Q

Quaxxon

Hey Guys,

How would I point more then one domain name to the same web space.

Ive tried looking in the dns, but this only allows you to add something before the domain name.

Also how would I do permenant 301 redirects?

Cheers!

you can create additional domains and point them to the main domain web space through standard- or frame- forwarding in domain hosting configuration.

Hi
i have the same problem. but i'm still not very clear on the issue

what if we use same ip for more than one domain?

and how can we decide how many domains a client can add to his account? (i'm a reseller with plesk 7.0.2)

thanks

Originally posted by sasoki
Hi
and how can we decide how many domains a client can add to his account? (i'm a reseller with plesk 7.0.2)

thanks

err i think setting the domains limit by going to the clients name and pressing limits.

would do this although you probably have to be logged in as admin.

If you are used to the parked domains option in cpanel, this is a real pain in the a**.

If you give the client the ability to add and remove domains up to their limit - this can give them the option of ripping you off basically.

1. A main domain has a higher value than a forwarded / parked domain.
2. Adding an extra domain to a customers limits for free, (or for a small charge) so it can be forwarded is fine - but they can change this and setup a new domain instead.
3. There is no way of stopping them from doing this unless you dissalow the customers from setting up their own domains - which is inpractical.

Back