• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Pointing MX records from WIX to Plesk Server

MikeLoeritz

New Pleskian
Hi, I am sure this is simple and I will make it sound complicated but I am confused. I have several domains now on my server with Plesk and they all have everything there (emails, websites etc).

I set up NS1.mynameserverdomain.com and NS2.mynameserverdomain.com on one of my domains with namecheap and for each domain I have the nameservers pointed to those just mentioned in Plesk, DNS set up the same in Plesk and all works perfect however I have one domain that is a little more complicated.

I have a domain hosted with Godaddy and previously we had the website and email with them. We set up a website on Wix.com which was a nice easy design and they had the facility to point the MX records back to godaddy to handle the email. This was useful because we have about 20 email accounts and had paid for a year of unlimited emails so it made sense to leave the emails where they were. So right now the nameservers for that domain www.DOMAIN2.com point to wix and from wix the MX records go back to godaddy.

Now that the email package with godaddy is expiring is makes no sense whatsoever to pay them to host the email again now we have this server with plesk but as this is not a normal setup I am confused how to replicate this in Plesk. I want to leave the NS records pointing to Wix and then point the MX to Plesk.

Under the domain mynameserverdomain.com in Plesk I have two MX records (both the same = mail.mynameserver.com) but how do I get Plesk to handle the incoming email from Wix?

I am thinking to set up the domain on Plesk as normal as this will do nothing without the nameserevers at the registrar being changed but then what do I point Wix to? Will this be mail.mynameserver.com? Wix required 2 different MX records. Godaddy have something like MX1.secureserver.net and MX2 but what do I point wix to in order to handle the emails myself on Plesk?

I apologise for going round the bush here its jsut completely new to me this and I know this is going to be a real simple fix but its only simple if you know the answer!

Thanks for your help!

Back