1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

pop3 connection log for a specific email address

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by AdvancAd, May 21, 2012.

1. AdvancAd

AdvancAd Guest

Good day mates,

I have been looking for an option to see which discrete IP addresses/ computer names/ email clients (either of these) are or have been connecting to a specific email address for mail retrieval over pop3.

Is there another thread on this already, that I can look up for help? Or can someone point me in the correct direction please? I need this because one our email addresses seem to be incorrectly configured and the culprit machine/smartphone deletes the messages from server when it retrieves emails.

A log file would be great to look at. Or if there is another way to find out? Thanks in advance.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Only one log file for pop3 connections in Plesk - /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

3. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Regular Pleskian

68%
    grep email@address /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog |grep pop3|less

should display what you need.. Also try it with "grep -i imap" instead of "grep pop3" for imap logins ..

PS: Can't post - have to wait 90 more seconds.. Having to wait 300 seconds between postings to this forum really stinks.. Can't someone reduce that to something more reasonable?

-t

4. AdvancAd

AdvancAd Guest

thanks to both of you - igor and tkalf. i have managed to sort out the pop3. cheers.