• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pop3 connection log for a specific email address

A

AdvancAd

Good day mates,

I have been looking for an option to see which discrete IP addresses/ computer names/ email clients (either of these) are or have been connecting to a specific email address for mail retrieval over pop3.

Is there another thread on this already, that I can look up for help? Or can someone point me in the correct direction please? I need this because one our email addresses seem to be incorrectly configured and the culprit machine/smartphone deletes the messages from server when it retrieves emails.

A log file would be great to look at. Or if there is another way to find out? Thanks in advance.

Only one log file for pop3 connections in Plesk - /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

grep email@address /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog |grep pop3|less

should display what you need.. Also try it with "grep -i imap" instead of "grep pop3" for imap logins ..

PS: Can't post - have to wait 90 more seconds.. Having to wait 300 seconds between postings to this forum really stinks.. Can't someone reduce that to something more reasonable?

-t

thanks to both of you - igor and tkalf. i have managed to sort out the pop3. cheers.

Back