• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Port issue in plesk firewall

MrPleskLearner

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk 18
Hello,

i am trying to open Port 9007

My settings in plesk's firewall is like this

1683375998252.png

But port 9007 is still closed. What can be the issue?

1683376042306.png

I removed UFW. So there should be no firewall anymore on ubuntu. Or there is still something in ubuntu which regulates the ports?

I feel like there is a thing somewhere else which regulates the ports. Maybe it's the plesk? I am confused.

Okay, i found the solution by myself. Sorry for bothering you with my newbie questions. I am just using server just since some days :)

But with the hope that it can help someone... Ports are being regulated by apache (idk what's that actually). What i did is just added Listen 9007 to 000-default.conf

1683380300951.png

And then sudo service apache2 restart

1683380357977.png

That website for the port checker says the port 9007 is open but the script which i want to install says it is not. Because 000-default.conf can regulates the ip adress of my server only. So if i put myipadress:9007 then i can navigate to my default page. So port is for the ip open. But how can i open the ports for domains too?

If a "port is open", it means that it can be addressed, traffic is not blocked. This does not mean that a service is reacting on the port. If a port is closed, a service could be actively waiting on traffic on that port, but as the port is blocked it cannot be reached. So what you mentioned above is that you told Apache to listen on port 9007. This does not necessarily mean that this port can be reached, because there could still be a blockade.

Your question how to open ports for domains is probably how to tell Apache to listen on specific ports for specific domains, right?

Back