• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

possible bug? sites become password protected.

I

illiquent

I noticed if I change the password of an ftp user for the domain, the site becomes password protected.

this seems a little odd.

I think it is this, because for all the sites I had to reset passwords for after initial set up, they become "password protected" ...

I think that's what's happening ...

it seemed to go away once I deleted and reconfigured each domains hosting.

other than that, and the HEINOUS ABOSLUTELY RETCHED plesk/dr.web/mail enable bug that sent out 16000 emails this morning,

I really like plesk so far. spamassasin kicks ***.

far superior to ensim, or hosting controller (the only others I have used)

any ways. hope that helps some one someday.

As I know the problem with password prompting was resolved in patch for Plesk 7.5.4.
But it is better to upgrade to 7.5.5
As for DrWeb it is DrWeb bug. You should contact SWSOFT support and the'll send you fix.
This fix will replace %plesk_dir%\DrWeb folder by the new one.
But to allow your mail server to work also you'll need to delete all DrWeb messages.

patch .. huh?

honestly, after reading through the forums, I'm thinking I won't run the patch. There are many users who experienced problems with this patch. Some users said it screwed up dr. web (which I just spent half the week fixing);

maybe SW needs to patch the patch ...

I'm gonna wait a bit and see what other users experience from applying recent patch.

I found a work around for this in the meantime.

thanks though

DR.WEB is not SWsoft Inc., problem, patch provided by DR.web company, However after applying patch things goes well. Just apply to SWsoft Inc., and you will recieve patch and "how-to" instruction.

John S.G.

Back