• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Possible problem with BIND / DNS

C

chillax

I have a domain name that I recently disabled for a few weeks and then when I went to re-enable, Plesk showed that it was all green and ready to go but it does not resolve properly when I try to bring it up in the browser.

I am on a RHEL3 box and recently updated lots of packages so maybe one of those caused the problem. I recreated my named.conf based on what I had on another server that I own which runs Plesk 7.5.4. I have tried everything to get this domain to resolve including renaming the domain to something else and then trying to create a new account for the actual domain, manually restarting the named service, and even transferring it to a new owner, all with no luck.

When I recreated the domain on the server, it showed me a warning that the domain resolved to a different IP, which is not true. That IP is owned by CNET (who owns www.com.com) which makes me wonder if something is duplicating the '.com' after the domain name to make it mydomain.com.com and thus would appear to belong to www.com.com

Additionally, when I try to do a traceroute to it from the command line, it shows as resolving to search.com instead of my server which is also owned by CNET.

I have looked at my resolv.conf file and it shows the following entries:
nameserver 216.234.234.30
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 4.2.2.2
nameserver 67.19.0.10
nameserver 67.19.1.10

Anyone else having a similar problem? Any suggestions on how I might get this domain working again would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that I found that discusses similar problems:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=270330

Back