• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Post script missing (deb8 to deb9)

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hi, so I've successfully executed a dist-upgrade from deb8 to deb9 ... but the post script that was supposed to be created by the "pre" helper script is missing. (distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh)

Config file '/etc/apache2/apache2.conf' is reverted to package state. User version of file is saved in '/etc/apache2/apache2.conf.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
Config file '/etc/rsyslog.conf' is reverted to package state. User version of file is saved in '/etc/rsyslog.conf.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
Config file '/etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf' is reverted to package state. User version of file is saved in '/etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
Config file '/etc/apache2/envvars' is reverted to package state. User version of file is saved in '/etc/apache2/envvars.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
Config file '/etc/init.d/bind9' is reverted to package state. User version of file is saved in '/etc/init.d.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie/bind9'.
File '/etc/apache2/ports.conf' is stored to '/etc/apache2/ports.conf.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch', Plesk repositories were added. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/sources.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/kcare.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch'. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/kcare.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch'. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/nodesource.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ondrej-php-jessie.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch'. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/ondrej-php-jessie.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-migrator.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch'. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/plesk-migrator.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
'/etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list' has been updated: 'jessie' is replaced with 'stretch'. Original file is saved in '/etc/apt/plesk.list.saved_by_plesk_distupgrade_from_jessie'.
Now you can perform dist-upgrade to stretch using any method you like.
You can visit Chapter 4. Upgrades from Debian 8 (jessie) for more information.
After system dist-upgrade is finished run '/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh'.

I've found the deb7 to deb8 script within the forum on another thread .. but, I guess it's different? Should I run that?

@IgorG please post distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh when you have a free minute, it's quite urgent ..

Thanks!

This script /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh is generated and run during the execution of the main script /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9.x64.sh. Hence, it is expected that the script doesn't perform any further actions when executing it afterwards.

If you check How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on Linux server with Plesk? you see:

Note: This script is already called during the execution of /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9.x64.sh, run it to verify that everything was successfully done. Its actions are logged in /var/log/plesk/install/plesk-distupgrade.log too.

Hi, so I've successfully executed a dist-upgrade from deb8 to deb9 ... but the post script that was supposed to be created by the "pre" helper script is missing. (distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh)
Let me guess, you performed a system update via plesk web shortly before you ran the distupgrade script?

@IgorG Thats why I opened the thread. It couldn't run it post script because file did not exist. Tried manually looking for it, only pre is there.

Weirdly enough ... upon manually checking the folder again, (today), it's now inside ... o_O

@mow I have checked the updates section yes, to see if I can install PHP 7.4 from there, yes.

Anyway, the pre-helper script ran successfully, outputed an error saying it can’t run the POST script since that path did not exist, then I posted in here, and when manually checking the directory, it was there … i manually ran it, so everything was sorted out.

Today I have successfully upgraded again from 9 (stretch) to 10 (buster), but had an issue with the bind9 process not being able to run some “named” file due to permissions.

found some post of Igor’s here, on the same issue, saying I should remove the type=forking and add “-f” before $OPTIONS to some file bind configuration file which I can’t really recall right now as I’m on mobile.

regards!

@mow I have checked the updates section yes, to see if I can install PHP 7.4 from there, yes.
There's a catch I posted about in the upgrade thread:
When you run the update via web, plesk moves the apt sources files away and puts in the extra plesk repositories before running its update.
However, as web is asynchronous, it doesn't know when you are done, so it just moves the saved apt source files back after half an hour.

If you started the dist-upgrade in the meantime, you will run into some problems because the upgrade script does some source list editing on its own, and sometime during the process, the half hour is expired and the files are changed back ... and then it doesn't find the post script because its creation requires one of the extra repositories.
Can't tell you why it suddenly appeared, though.

There's a catch I posted about in the upgrade thread:
When you run the update via web, plesk moves the apt sources files away and puts in the extra plesk repositories before running its update.
However, as web is asynchronous, it doesn't know when you are done, so it just moves the saved apt source files back after half an hour.

If you started the dist-upgrade in the meantime, you will run into some problems because the upgrade script does some source list editing on its own, and sometime during the process, the half hour is expired and the files are changed back ... and then it doesn't find the post script because its creation requires one of the extra repositories.
Can't tell you why it suddenly appeared, though.
Good to know, as for it appearing at a later stage, at least it did, as I was about to run the deb7 to deb8 post-upgrade script.

Back