• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

postfix abuse

FelixB

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

i ve an problem, i ve setting the mailserver as authentification needed for smtp, but when i show about the smtp queue there is a lot of mails definitely spam! how can i see about what's the problem?

cheers

PHP Spam

You seem to be facing a problem with PHP Mail function SPAM.
I recommend you disable the mail function, better still you can enable logging for PHP Mail function emails sent out of your server.

The issue you will have is that each site that you setup within Plesk can have its own php.ini file. I would recommend to add these two lines to your PHP setting of your website or better yet, add then under your service plan section and do a sync with Plesk.

mail.add_x_header = On
mail.log = /usr/local/psa/var/log/phpmail.log

Once you have added the two lines above, you will need to create the log file in question. Run each of the lines below separately via SSH.

sudo touch /usr/local/psa/var/log/phpmail.log
sudo chmod 666 /usr/local/psa/var/log/phpmail.log

So if a PHP script on your server sends mail using the mail function, it should be logged in /usr/local/psa/var/log/phpmail.log.

There is another way you could try to log mail sent via PHP but I have tried it myself.

http://www.matteomattei.com/en/how-to-log-email-sent-from-php-through-mail-function/

Back