• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue postfix and certifcates (let's encrypt)

Maxwell Banks

New Pleskian
Hi!

First my configuration:
I have a centos 7 server with Plesk Onyx.
I have a lot of domains configured working at my server.
My server is behind a firewall so, I have a public ip with port forward to my private ip.

Ok, I have a lot of domains with let's encrypt certificate with www includes, and work ok from http.
I need config the certificate to each domain to smtp mail (postfix) but I don't know the correct path to make it.

Actually the certificate has the next result:

web: www.mobilitysol.com certificate let's encrypt :)
web: mobilitysol.com certificate let's encrypt :)
smtp: mobiliysol.com certificate plesk autosigned :(
pop3: mobilitysol.com certificate plesk autosigned :(

I need have let's encrypt certificate to each domain _(obviously each domain with your particular certificate), and all domains have the same ip address.

Is posible?
What is the correct steps to make it?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Maxwell.

My onyx installation create this automatical.

The user was asking for separate SMTP and POP3 service certificates for each domain, not for certificates for the WWW service of the domains. To my knowledge on a default server installation, only one certificate (the server certificate) is used to protect mail service and applies to all host connections. Separate certificates for each domain must be installed manually for the services. If you have different information, e.g. that each domain installs its own SMTP and POP3/IMAP certificate, please share where I can read more about it.

web: www.mobilitysol.com certificate let's encrypt :)
web: mobilitysol.com certificate let's encrypt :)
smtp: mobiliysol.com certificate plesk autosigned :(
pop3: mobilitysol.com certificate plesk autosigned :(

Ok wait, why you have Plesk autosigned certificates on SMTP and POP3/IMAP? It should be the ones from letsencrypt.

If all domains have the same IP address, it is more sensible to run any mail traffic via a subdomain. But even if all have their own IP address, it is more useful to send an IP and a domain. If only because the other mail providers that are blocking the traffic. With the correct SPF rule, this works without problems.

Back