• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

postfix and mailbox quota

Are mailbox quotas enformced properly with postfix?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

galaxy

Regular Pleskian
Does the mailbox quota work with postfix? I've had it working with qmail, however I cannot make it work with postfix. Has anyone been able to get postfix to bounce a message when it goes over the mailbox quota?

This is an issue. It wont reject it. Simply it queues it loading the server even more !

And what I don't get is why since postfix is far better than qmail parallels has this obsession with qmail and actually ignores postfix.
And while they are virtually SUPPORTING POSTFIX MAIL SERVER UNDER PLESK CONTROL PANEL.
Plesk is a paid Software and it is supposed to be stable and functional.
By saying to the people that you support postfix simply to draw new customers and by then ignoring customers only brings a bad name in plesk.

I would really like to hear a reply-comment from plesk coders on that.

I just submitted a bug report. Apparently it was never submitted before and they were unaware of it.

I've already rewritten the plesk-postfix code for filtering & delivery eliminating postfix-local and postfix-queue programs. I got a 10x performance boost as well... The postfix-local is actually just a hacked up qmail-local that I turned into an LMTP server daemon.

With the support on plesk 9 it seems that we, plesk users should begin writing our own faq's ...

Parallels support seems to have left the building a long time now !

I dont believe that (that they were anaware.)

Don't they reading this forum ?
And also they should have tried it before giving it into production. We are not discussing around a small bug. This is a crucial flaw in the mailing system.

Yes please. This postfix-queue is the biggest **** binary I have ever experienced. I got two servers and both segfault constantly on this horrible thing!

Back