• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix + Mailman glitch has been happening for past 18 months

john_calvert

New Pleskian
Re: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115472

This bug has been going on, from what I can tell, for about 18 months, and still exists in the current version of Plesk.

This is a serious problem and likely affects the reliability of delivery to Mailman list subscribers.

Why has this not been fixed yet?

thanks,
JC

Yes, fix is planned for one of Plesk update. At the moment you can use workaround from mentioned KB article.

Thanks, Igor. One question - does Parallels offer a way for hosting and server providers to keep abreast of what problems you have found in Plesk (of more serious nature) and their workarounds? Something like a known bugs announcements email list or RSS feed?

Also, you may wish to edit the KB article because I think this problem is only related to Mailman; i.e. emails being sent by Mailman (via Postfix). I can confirm that other emails don't seem to be affected.

thanks,
JC

Last edited:
OK. It would be helpful if you had a designation for the KB articles, or another system, such that one could subscribe only to the bug/fix type articles. And then have the titles of the bug/fix type articles more descriptive so that people can easily identify what subsystems are affected. As it is, these important articles are sort of buried amongst the other ones.

For example, the title "X-No-Relay: not in my network" and "X-No-Auth: unauthenticated sender" in message headers, doesn't tell people that Mailman + Postfix has a fairly serious glitch. In other words, the article reporting is not geared toward someone using this information to correct glitches in Plesk before the side effects are stumbled upon by chance. The emphasize should be different – something like, If you are using Mailman and Postfix, You need to make this fix.

thanks,
JC

Back