• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix md5

J

JochenE

Hi folks,

I have the problem using md5 Authentication in Postfix.
Like in http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=90147, but that is 9.2 and no Updates since April.

Is there perhaps a solution and I just couldn't find it?

I'm running plesk 9.5.2 which was upgraded from 9.2x.

E-mailing including adding, editing users etc. works, but when a client tries md5, I get errors like

sql_sqlite3 plugin prepare SQL statement for query 'SELECT `cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5` FROM domains d, users u WHERE u.name='yyyyy' and d.name='xxx.server.net' and d.status=0 and u.status=0 and u.dom_id=d.id;' error: no such column: cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5

The Server is Debian x64:
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-17lenny2) ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)) #1 SMP Fri Aug 14 07:12:04 UTC 2009

Is there a workaround in the meantime?

I'd like to keep the md5 option since It's Standard e.g. in Apple Mail.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

Best regards

Jochen Evertz

We have bugreport regarding this issue and it is still under developer's investigation. I hope that fix will be included to nearest Plesk update. I have requested any possible workaround and I will update this thread if I receive it.

Hello,

we have the same problem here and got aware of this issue from a customer whose servers we do manage.
As our customer reports, this problem suddenly occured three days ago.
The Problem seems to just have appeared "over night".
No changes were made, neither to the server and its configuration nor to the Plesk setup.
The "funny" thing about this is, that this customer has two fully identical hosts but only on one this problems occur.
Both hosts are running Debian Lenny (currently 5.0.6/32bits, all OS-updates applied, kernel 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem)
with Plesk Panel 9.5.2.
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem (Debian 2.6.26-25lenny1) ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)) #1 SMP Thu Sep 16 20:29:07 UTC 2010
Both hosts were initially set up with Debian Etch and Plesk 8.6, all Software upgraded "step by step" eg. no version of
Plesk was skipped since then.
I could reproduce this issue when selecting CRAM-MD5 in my mailclient. The LOGIN, PLAIN and DIGEST-MD5 options
do work as expected.

Please let me know if you need any further information, it would be really great if we can solve this issue!
As Jochen already said, using CRAM-MD5 is the standard (and obviously preferred) option within apple's mail client,
but this issue is reproducible also with the "kmail" client on current KDE4.

TIA for any hints and help!

With kind regards,
Christian Dunkel/Net-Publics

Edit/addendum:

Due to our customers urgent need for a suitable workaround (it's nearly not managable for him to explain how to setup
all the different mailclients of his users) i tried the following:
tested with cram-md5: didn't work
switched to qmail with:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component qmail
testet again with cram-md5 and it worked flawlessly
then switched back to postfix with:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix
and it still does work with cram-md5 option in my mail client:)
Just waiting for our customers reply...

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back