• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Postfix not working

armanmisdar

New Pleskian
I have a problem here. If I set up my mail server to use QMail, its working fine. However, when I changed it to Postfix, it can't sent out any email, it will remain in 'Mail Mqueue'. It can only deliver email to another domains which are hosted in the same physical server.

Any help? Thanks!

Hi armanmisdar,

please always include errors from log - files and sometimes include as well your configuration files, if you experience issues. It might be as well a good idea to include informations about your used operating system and the used Plesk version, incl. MUs for investigations.

To repair your mail-server and it's settings, Plesk has a quite usefull cli utility called "mchk", which solves and repairs problems and misconfigurations.

Code:
 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --help
Restore settings for all mailboxes.
Usage: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk [OPTION]

OPTIONS:
  --without-spam   restore all settings except for SpamAssassin configuration
  --with-spam      restore all settings
  --spam-only      restore only SpamAssassin settings

The most common usage for mchk is:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Another way to repair Plesk and it's components is the usage of "bootstrapper" - a very powerfull and an all-in-one solution, to fix and repair your Plesk version and all it's components:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Thank UFHH01!

I managed to fix this problem by simply changing the settings from 'Send from the specified IP addresses' to 'Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting'. This was done from the control panel itself. What make me wonder is the value for specified IP address is the same for domain's IP address.

Anyway, it's working now. Thanks again!

Back