• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Postfix (Plesk milter) high CPU usage

matthew@

New Pleskian
Got a new server, Centos6/Plesk 10.4.4. Noticed Plesk admin was a bit slow, so checked top and discovered that postfix was at 800% CPU :| Nothing in the mail queue, so I have no idea what it's doing!

In Plesk > Server > Services management, there are two processes:

* SMTP Server (Postfix)
* Plesk milter (Postfix)

Stopping Plesk milter fixes the problem but also stops my SMTP server so I guess the two are interlinked.

I used the upgrade tool to switch to Qmail - now in Services, I see:

* SMTP Server (Qmail)
* Plesk milter (Postfix) (stopped)

And all seems well for now. However, I'm guessing that Postfix is the default MTA for a reason and may want to switch back, so:

* Any idea what is Plesk milter service vs SMTP Server service?
* Any idea what would cause such high CPU load?

I have same problem:

when i start pc-remote service, which is the milter part of postfix, it will use one core of cpu.
after a few minutes will use two core of cpu, then three core of cpu, andsoon

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
30251 postfix 20 0 69212 1652 1148 S 299 0.0 50:24.98 psa-pc-remote

it 's not good..
can you solve this problem?

thanx
Laszlo

Back