• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Postfix (Plesk milter) high CPU usage

matthew@

New Pleskian
Got a new server, Centos6/Plesk 10.4.4. Noticed Plesk admin was a bit slow, so checked top and discovered that postfix was at 800% CPU :| Nothing in the mail queue, so I have no idea what it's doing!

In Plesk > Server > Services management, there are two processes:

* SMTP Server (Postfix)
* Plesk milter (Postfix)

Stopping Plesk milter fixes the problem but also stops my SMTP server so I guess the two are interlinked.

I used the upgrade tool to switch to Qmail - now in Services, I see:

* SMTP Server (Qmail)
* Plesk milter (Postfix) (stopped)

And all seems well for now. However, I'm guessing that Postfix is the default MTA for a reason and may want to switch back, so:

* Any idea what is Plesk milter service vs SMTP Server service?
* Any idea what would cause such high CPU load?

I have same problem:

when i start pc-remote service, which is the milter part of postfix, it will use one core of cpu.
after a few minutes will use two core of cpu, then three core of cpu, andsoon

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
30251 postfix 20 0 69212 1652 1148 S 299 0.0 50:24.98 psa-pc-remote

it 's not good..
can you solve this problem?

thanx
Laszlo

Back