• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Postfix SMTP sending error

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
Stumped at this one... I'm at 11.0.9 Update #13 which is running Postfix. I am unable to send mail. Not sure which update caused this, but it's one of the more recent ones.

In /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I see:
Sep 19 12:36:28 web01 postfix/qmgr[3134]: warning: connect to transport private/10.1.16.140-: Connection refused

Which results in:
Sep 19 12:36:28 web01 postfix/error[3219]: 2F24F240500: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.2, delays=0.17/0/0/0.03, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

Any ideas?

-Matt Simpson

Quickest solution to such problems is Install QMail with the auto-installer and then back to postfix. However looking at the errors, looks like a firewall or resolution problem ...

Please check that you dont have a firewall blocking outgoing port 25 + and your server resolvers are working pretty fine too.

Thanks abdi, I actually just switched from Postfix back to QMail... and I'm not switching back. That sort of sounds like a pretty big problem if an MU kills SMTP service, but anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

-Matt

Back