• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix SMTP sending error

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
Stumped at this one... I'm at 11.0.9 Update #13 which is running Postfix. I am unable to send mail. Not sure which update caused this, but it's one of the more recent ones.

In /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I see:
Sep 19 12:36:28 web01 postfix/qmgr[3134]: warning: connect to transport private/10.1.16.140-: Connection refused

Which results in:
Sep 19 12:36:28 web01 postfix/error[3219]: 2F24F240500: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.2, delays=0.17/0/0/0.03, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

Any ideas?

-Matt Simpson

Quickest solution to such problems is Install QMail with the auto-installer and then back to postfix. However looking at the errors, looks like a firewall or resolution problem ...

Please check that you dont have a firewall blocking outgoing port 25 + and your server resolvers are working pretty fine too.

Thanks abdi, I actually just switched from Postfix back to QMail... and I'm not switching back. That sort of sounds like a pretty big problem if an MU kills SMTP service, but anyways. Thanks for the heads up.

-Matt

Back