• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix triial-rewrite warning

ManuelF

New Pleskian
Postfix trivial-rewrite warning (mydestination & virtual_alias_domains)

Hi,

I recently updated my Panel to the latest 11.5 version, after that I also switched from qmail to Postfix. Everything works fine, excpet some Postfix warnings which occur about 15 times a day. I don't know how to reproduce the error, it seems pretty random but comes right after some smtpd connections.
From /usr/local/psa/var/maillog:
Code:
Jul 11 08:01:46 plesk postfix/smtpd[24362]: connect from st11p01mm-asmtpout005.mac.com[17.172.204.240]
Jul 11 08:01:46 plesk postfix/trivial-rewrite[24124]: warning: do not list domain plesk.company.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
From postconf:
Code:
mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain
mydomain = company.com
myhostname = plesk.company.com
Machine hostname: plesk.company.com

I did not change any postfix-configurations, i also don't have the domain "plesk.company.com" created in Plesk.
However, if I do
postmap -s virtual | grep plesk\.company\.com
I get this output:

Any ideas how to solve this? I never changed the hostname or did any custom mail configurations. Also emails still arrive, even if after the warning. OS is CentOS 6.4

Last edited:
can at least someone tell me the normal Postfix configuration, especially the configuration of machine-hostname against postfix' mydestination, mydomain and myhostname?

I have similar configuration (w.r.t. bits you posted) and no such warnings. Please also note that this warning is harmless.

I have exactly the same set-up as Manuel (recent Plesk upgrade, change from qmail to postfix) and I get the same warnings. It started when I couldn't send out a newsletter with PHP mail() because "[email protected]" was not considered as a valid email address for sending. I resolved this bu going into etc/postfix/main.cf and appending
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
and then adding in etc/postfix/generic
However in addition to these trivial-rewrite warnings (apparently harmless), I am now seeing my IMAP service shutting down once or twice a day.
qmail was much better but apparently it has incompatibilities with Plesk 11.5

Back