• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Postfix triial-rewrite warning

ManuelF

New Pleskian
Postfix trivial-rewrite warning (mydestination & virtual_alias_domains)

Hi,

I recently updated my Panel to the latest 11.5 version, after that I also switched from qmail to Postfix. Everything works fine, excpet some Postfix warnings which occur about 15 times a day. I don't know how to reproduce the error, it seems pretty random but comes right after some smtpd connections.
From /usr/local/psa/var/maillog:
Code:
Jul 11 08:01:46 plesk postfix/smtpd[24362]: connect from st11p01mm-asmtpout005.mac.com[17.172.204.240]
Jul 11 08:01:46 plesk postfix/trivial-rewrite[24124]: warning: do not list domain plesk.company.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
From postconf:
Code:
mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain
mydomain = company.com
myhostname = plesk.company.com
Machine hostname: plesk.company.com

I did not change any postfix-configurations, i also don't have the domain "plesk.company.com" created in Plesk.
However, if I do
postmap -s virtual | grep plesk\.company\.com
I get this output:

Any ideas how to solve this? I never changed the hostname or did any custom mail configurations. Also emails still arrive, even if after the warning. OS is CentOS 6.4

Last edited:
can at least someone tell me the normal Postfix configuration, especially the configuration of machine-hostname against postfix' mydestination, mydomain and myhostname?

I have similar configuration (w.r.t. bits you posted) and no such warnings. Please also note that this warning is harmless.

I have exactly the same set-up as Manuel (recent Plesk upgrade, change from qmail to postfix) and I get the same warnings. It started when I couldn't send out a newsletter with PHP mail() because "[email protected]" was not considered as a valid email address for sending. I resolved this bu going into etc/postfix/main.cf and appending
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
and then adding in etc/postfix/generic
However in addition to these trivial-rewrite warnings (apparently harmless), I am now seeing my IMAP service shutting down once or twice a day.
qmail was much better but apparently it has incompatibilities with Plesk 11.5

Back