• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix upgrade

E

Eyecu

Good day,
Been looking around and noticed that plesk ships with postfix 2.2.x when the latest stable release is 2.5.6 is there a way to update postfix. I don't think running such an outdated release is very good or secure.

Just get one for your OS. Its not a hacked up one by parallels, so if your OS does not have an updated one build a new one.

Just build an updated one if your OS does not have a new one. Its like httpd or php its not parallels job. qmail is different its modified by parallels, but postfix is standard :)

Parallels puts their own programs:

/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-local
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-mailman
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue

However I'm having issues with it. You also need to make sure it drops mail in maildir format.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make mailbox quotas work with postfix. When a user is over quota, it appears to just hang in the queue rather than be bounced back to the sender.

Just google postfix and you will find the documentation online. If your having problems I can send you my main.cf file

does your plesk/postfix configuration bounce messages to a user that is over their quota? I can't seem to get that to work. It worked with qmail. Right now it just queues up messages for mailboxes that are over quota. This can lead to a DOS attach by filling up the server queue. I would like it to bounce messages immediately like it did with qmail.

Back