1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Postgresql 8 on 7.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fvdijk, Aug 26, 2005.

1. fvdijk

fvdijk Guest

I had psql 7.3.4 running on my 7.5.3 Fedora Core 1 Plesk server. But there was only one test-database installed.
    I stopped pgsql
    and dowloaded the 8.0.3 rpm files including the one who requires "libpq.so.3" all rpms were installed
    but i could nog get any connection between the plesk interface and pgsql8.
    I have deleted the data directory in /var/lib/pgsql

so all files were newly created, pgsql is running

But i get the following error in Plesk-Server-PostgreSQL when i want to create a user "Unable to change database login: unable to change administrator's login:Error while execute pg_manage: User already exists" I do not know the old pgsql password. (stupid i know)

I uninstalled pgsql 8.03 and installed succesfully 7.3.4 from the plesk-updater interface.
    Installation is successfull but still the same errors in Plesk-Server-PostgreSQL

Can somebody help me please.

Frank

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Remove the pgsql RPMS, then remove the /var/lib/pgsql directory. Install pgsql again.
    In table misc, database psa, there are some records related to pgsql (username and password), I do not remember exactly their names right now. Delete them.

After you do this you will be able to configure pgsql from the Plesk interface.

3. poke

poke Guest

worked for me!! Thanks :)

4. acidbox

acidbox Guest

hardweb,

Are you saying that the PGSQL 8.0 rpms will work with the Plesk control panel or that they wont?