• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Installing Postgresql

teleprogramador

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Version 18.0.49
Hi forum
I have installed postgresql succesfully from terminal but not from Plesk, something like this:
  • Postgresql 13 => Ubuntu Terminal (Install) => Ubuntu Terminal psql => line commands => ok ...
  • Postgresql 14 => Plesk Update (Install) => Ubuntu Terminal psql => line commands => errors ...
Someone knows what is going on?
Thank you in advance

Hi @teleprogramador, could you please be more specific in "something like this"? What exactly did you try and what was the result? What should have been the correct result?

Thank you Peter for your response and interest
  1. My target is to manage Postgresql the same way as I do MariaDb on Plesk
  2. MariaDb was pre-installed in Plesk with a link to manage it with phpMyAdmin
  3. Postgresql was not pre-installed, I did it ok from Plesk Update but I could not connect typing psql commands because of credential errors, ...
  4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times from Plesk getting the same credential errors
  5. Later I have installed Postgresql using Ubuntu Terminal commands and get access from psql, created a database, etc
  6. On the other hand I have installed phpPgAdmin from a Subscription in Plesk starting ok ... now I want to link it with Postgresql mention in number 5
Thank you in advanced

Postgresql was not pre-installed, I did it ok from Plesk Update but I could not connect typing psql commands because of credential errors, ...
  • Finally I could get into psql using postgres user previously assignning a password from Plesk interface
  • However I created a database from psql but it is not shown in Plesk (??)

I am not sure what causes the issue(s) your facing. However I do want to point out that Plesk officially only supports PostgreSQL version 8.4 till 12.

I am not sure what causes the issue(s) your facing. However I do want to point out that Plesk officially only supports PostgreSQL version 8.4 till 12.
  • I installed Postgresql 14.6 from Plesk > Update and I could get into psql from Terminal, created a db_test database and excuted commands but it is not visible from Plesk > postgresql Database server window
  • I will try to associate db_test from a subscription to see what is going to happend
Thank you for your comments Kas

I will try to associate db_test from a subscription to see what is going to happend
  • Well ,I created a new Postgresql database from a subscription and It is now accesible from Plesk > Tools > Database Servers > Postgresql> databases (1)
  • db_test was rejected because existed
Awsome
Thank you Kas and Peter

Back