• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-14529] Unable to run 'server_dns.exe -i' on a fresh system

Marc_van_Houtum

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I'm having some issues with Plesk' third party DNS intergration. While debugging my issue I ran into an error with server_dns.exe and I'm wondering if this could be worth looking in to.

After running 'server_dns -i' the following error is displayed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns -i
ERROR: Class 'Dns_RecursionManager' not found (AbstractDnsManipulator.php:294)

From php_error.log
[2015-03-17 12:24:50] PHP Warning: include_once(Dns\RecursionManager.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory; File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Loader.php, Line: 97

[2015-03-17 12:24:50] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'Dns\RecursionManager.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\externals'); File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Loader.php, Line: 97

[2015-03-17 12:24:50] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Dns_RecursionManager' not found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\api-common\AbstractDnsManipulator.php on line 294

This is directly after a clean install of both Windows 2012 R2 and Plesk 12.0.18 using BIND as a DNS server. No extensions have been installed and no modifications have been made to Plesk other than the basic install.

I've tried searching the filesystem for RecursionManager.php but it doesn't appear to be there. Any thoughts?

Yes, it is known bug (PPP-14529 for your reference). Developers are working on it.

Back