• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-23123] Reassigning Selected Subscriptions - ERROR: PleskFatalException

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Hello, I'm trying to reassign a subscription and I got the following error:

Reassigning Selected Subscriptions
ERROR: PleskFatalException

Internal error: [Account::getPassword] cannot decrypt password to be plain.

Any idea?

The server is
OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #23

best regards,
Horacio

It looks like there was migration from cPanel. The issue occurred while changing MySQL user password to plain text fails. The MySQL database users passwords are stored in crypt format on the source cPanel server. In order to solve the issue, you can recreate the database user from Plesk at Subscriptions > Databases > User management > Database Users.

Sorry for bumping an old threat, but I have the exact same problem. But, unlike what IgorG stated, our accounts were migrated from a different Plesk server. So in other words not cPanel.
This was a migration from Plesk to Plesk using the Plesk Migration & Transfer Manager.

However if I change the subscriber to a new subscriber I get the same error:

Reassigning Selected Subscriptions
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Internal error: [Account::getPassword] cannot decrypt password to be plain.

How can I solve this and make it work correctly...?

I didn't expect any problems at all when using the Plesk Migration & Transfer Manager tool for migrations/transfers between Plesk servers...

I hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Looks like you have an issue with decrypting of stored passwords using Plesk encryption key. When you migrate from Plesk, passwords will be decrypted and dumped from source in plain text and then encrypted again with target Plesk key during restoration. Did you perform regeneration of encryption key on target Plesk for some reason earlier? How much time has passed after migration of affected domain(s)? There is a single domain with this issue, or you have a set of such domains?

As far as I can remember I didn't do any kind of regeneration. I only used the Migration & Transfer Manager tool and that's it.
We transfered this Plesk server about 2 months ago already, so I really don't remember all the details anymore.

I only discovered this issue because a customer wanted to login in their Plesk panel, but didn't have a customer assigned to the subscription. Which I did. Then I tried to transfer the subscription to the new owner (which I just created).
And that's when I received that error.

Anyways, I solved it by fooling around in the MySQL database for that account and / or the user account for that database. So it's sorted out now. But I guess I will have the same problem with other customers.
At least I do know now what to do (sorta lol).

Regards

Thank you for feedback!

We just check your case and confirm a bug PPP-23123 in Plesk 12.5.

Looks like this issue doesn't have a direct relation to Plesk-to-Plesk migration - it can occurs in case of any issues with decoding of database user passwords.

Ah good to know. :)

So there will be a fix for this I presume?
Anyways, thank you for the quick feedback.

It looks like there was migration from cPanel. The issue occurred while changing MySQL user password to plain text fails. The MySQL database users passwords are stored in crypt format on the source cPanel server. In order to solve the issue, you can recreate the database user from Plesk at Subscriptions > Databases > User management > Database Users.
I can't find anywhere in the "subscriptions" on the left MENU where it says database? can you please help and try to explain it better?

I can't find anywhere in the "subscriptions" on the left MENU where it says database? can you please help and try to explain it better?

To access this feature you need to open the subscription in Control Panel. There at the Websites&Domains tab you can see right menu with link on database management screen. If you work with Plesk 12.5 in Service Provider view to open the subscription in Control Panel you need to go to the list of subscriptions via left menu and then click at the name of specific subscription.

Back