• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Migrator Error (as warning) when Mail Service is turned off on the source subscription

EricRB

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Plesk Migrator Error (as warning) when Mail Service is turned off on the source subscription

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Destination Server
Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.44_build1800220530.18 os_CentOS 7
OS CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Migration error report in migrating subscriptions with the mail service turned off on the source subscription:

subscription-status-warning.png
Plesk restore report problem:
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain_pref.php --update <subscription domain> -sign_outgoing_mail false -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Unable to create object:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Turn mail service off on a subscription to be migrated (source)
Migrate the subscription to the destination server

ACTUAL RESULT

Plesk restore report problem:
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain_pref.php --update <subscription domain> -sign_outgoing_mail false -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Unable to create object:

EXPECTED RESULT

Destination server (migrator) should recognize mail service is turned off on the source subscription and not produce a report problem, but act accordingly to the situation

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Also I confirmed that when I go back to the source subscription, turn the mail service on, then go back and re-sync that migrated subscription, the problem report and error disappears. This problem does not prevent the migration, just produces this error as a
subscription-status-warning.png
warning. But then you have to remember to turn off the mail serivce (as desired) on the migration destination server :)

Thank you for the report.
It's caused by an already existing Plesk Migrator bug: PMT-5002.

I got the same Problem. Is there any command to add when using plesk migrator oin CLI to just skip mails?

Will this ever be fixed? It would be so great if plesk would fix old bugs (had to deal with 2 other today that are from 2020..) before adding new and new stuff

Work on a fix has recently started. I do not yet know an ETA, but it will be fixed in a future update.

Back