• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

[PPP-28469] logrotate with dateext issue

mvais

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
logrotate with dateext issue
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk, Onyx 17.0.17 Update #19, CentOS Linux 7.3.1611, x64 ‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When adding the line dateext on top of /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf the dateext format is applied to both directories:
/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/logs/
/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/logs/
But in the one without system in the path the old files won't be deleted. This causes that every file since the day i switched to dateext is kept in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/logs/ for every domain. In the other directory it works like expected.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Add dateext to the top of /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf
It looks like this for me (i want dateext for all logs):
cat /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf
dateext

include /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d

Than wait till there are files which should be removed.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Only the files in /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/logs/ are deleted after the specific amount for example 14 logs (depends on the logs to keep setting per domain).
The files in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/logs/ are kept forever.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Both directories should deleted the old files. Like it's already done in the directory /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/logs/
It shouldn't behave different with dateext enabled. Without dateext in both directories are the same amount of logfiles in both directories.

My corresponding forum post about the problem:
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/logrotate-with-dateext-issue.341154
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Back