• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs [PPP-47160][Plesk 18.0.23 on CentOS 7] Internal error on Server-Wide Mail Settings page

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
User name: sebgonzes

TITLE

Bug with plesk 18.0.23 update

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

centos7, plesk 18.0.23

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

After update, in mail setting section appear this :

http://prntscr.com/qqpbxl

Then, accepting mail setting are disabled :

http://prntscr.com/qqpcfa

Please, review it before launch new update

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Go to mail setting section after updating.

ACTUAL RESULT

Error and then, mail setting disabled.

EXPECTED RESULT

Normal work.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

I just updated a Plesk Obsidian 18.0.21 (CentOS 7.7) server to 18.0.23 and I can confirm that I have the same issue

I also confirm this Bug on CentOS 6.10, CentOS 7.7

after reactivation, all settings are default and must be reset. If you then call up the page again, the first error appears again.
The option "Spam protection based on the DNS blackhole lists" is gone

Oh my God :cool:
it may be better to run "plesk bin server_pref -u -autoupdates false" on the servers that are at 18.0.21

Last edited:
It is bug PPP-47160. We will fix it in one of nearest microupdates.
Thank you for reporting!

Last edited:
I am really pissed i can't even access mailbox settings on my domains now because of this issue, i think for the future i will disable auto updates, it can't be that such a basic feature which is a very important main function gets broken on an update!

I am really pissed i can't even access mailbox settings on my domains now because of this issue, i think for the future i will disable auto updates, it can't be that such a basic feature which is a very important main function gets broken on an update!
Enable the mail setting, you shoud have access, but you manually had to enable this checkbox

it is not possible to enable the "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" or do you mean something else?

for me it always gets disabled again, so as i said i am not able to enable it at all, i get also the "Internal Error ;-P" message and it stays disabled.

for me it always gets disabled again, so as i said i am not able to enable it at all, i get also the "Internal Error ;-P" message and it stays disabled.
you are right, sorry for our error, the "Internal Error ;-P" appear again, but enabled mail setting, almost mail tab in subscription appear correctly. Wait an solution ASAP by plesk team in anycase.

We don't have this issue at all, post upgrade to Obsidian 18.0.23.
We have checked our own server ourselves and run lots of checks via Secure Email Everything works as expected with no faults.

We don't have this issue at all, post upgrade to Obsidian 18.0.23.
We have checked our own server ourselves and run lots of checks via Secure Email Everything works as expected with no faults.
I don't think that really affect the mail service (postfix or dovecot) but yes the plesk mail interface... If you don't have issue, sometime plesk have yet solve it

Only setting in plesk is not working as reported. So you can't change the settings
...which we haven't changed ;) because we have no need (currently) to change any. DMARC (and all the other Plesk GUI settings) were set as required prior to the upgrade and worked as expected then and the same now. So you're right, we just may not have actually seen the error that you have.

I just saw that an update was released that fixes the issue.
Thanks for the quick reaction!

Back