• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPPM-13733] Urgently - can't concat str to bytes

Gjimi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Creating a backup is no longer possible, message: can't concat str to bytes
all servers are affected

Debian 10.13
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47

Please contact Plesk Support if it's urgent:

Please contact Plesk Support if it's urgent:

this is not possible
"We identified that the Plesk license was purchased not directly from Plesk but through one of the Plesk Resellers."

Yes it is. That's what the option is for when users don't have a licence from Plesk but from a vendor. You can sign up for a support subscription. It has a 30 days money-back-guarantee. Plesk support is fantastic. If something can be fixed, they'll fix it.

found partial solution

"Exclude log files" and "Exclude specific files from the backup" do not select.

now backup is started, hope will be finished

Habe den gleichen Fehler nach dem Update auf Plesk 18.0.47 mit Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS sofern die Protokolldateien ausgeschlossen werden.

I had this problem before and looked in to trying to fix it. I found that in my case I was missing the forward slash "/" off the end of the backup directory. Once I had added this on the end it worked without any problems at all.

even worse and almost a disaster is that with main.cf:

sent to support hope is taken into account, more and more servers are affected after hourly Plesk cron

even worse and almost a disaster is that with main.cf:

sent to support hope is taken into account, more and more servers are affected after hourly Plesk cron

Did you contact Plesk Support? Complaining here won't solve your issue. We're not part of the Plesk Support team, just volunteers helping other users in our spare time. So please stop being so negative and contact Plesk Support. It's free for the first month, and they do an amazing job:

Last edited:
Support already contacted. this is info if someone is looking for this problem and immediately knows it's due to a main.cf so it's not a complaint but not everyone can tell the difference is ok you don't have to
Did you contact Plesk Support? Complaining here won't solve your issue. We're not part of the Plesk Support team, just volunteers helping other users in our spare time. So please stop being so negative and contact Plesk Support. It's free for the first month, and they do an amazing job:

Support already contacted. this is info if someone is looking for this problem and immediately knows it's due to a main.cf so it's not a complaint but not everyone can tell the difference is ok you don't have to

I am getting a similar problem:

> Fehler: Der Backupvorgang ist fehlgeschlagen: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not int

This happens only if remote storage is active. Adding or removing slashes from the path does not solve the problem

hello everyone.
an urgent hotfix with fix for PPPM-13733 going to be released in a few days.

backup option to exclude logs or some files by mask from backup are affected.

hello everyone.
an urgent hotfix with fix for PPPM-13733 going to be released in a few days.

backup option to exclude logs or some files by mask from backup are affected.

Will this also include a fix for "expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not int", which is reported on backupping to remote storage?

Will this also include a fix for "expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not int", which is reported on backupping to remote storage?
what type of remote storage you are use ?
can't reproduce problem yet.

FTPS . Happens on all my hosts.

Attachments

• A9506773-3BBE-4116-8B29-E2F03BD37D4C.jpeg
    A9506773-3BBE-4116-8B29-E2F03BD37D4C.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 9
FTPS . Happens on all my hosts.
I was not able to reproduce this issue on 18.0.47.1 and 18.0.47.0 (has been checked with ftp(s), SFTP, OneDrive remote storages)
so we can not guarantee that it is fixed as a part of PPPM-13733.

I'd suggest you check your case after update to 18.0.47.1 (going to be released today-tomorrow)
and reach Plesk Technical support to provide more details to investigate this case in case it still be reproduced

Yes, backups stopped on all servers after updating to 18.0.47...

this is very bad for your reputation...

we will look for another system for hosting

Back