• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Pre-migration questions

Sempiterna

New Pleskian
I have one server including DNS and about 20 accounts. This server is running Plesk 7.1.7. I am moving from one ISP to a new one, which has Plesk 7.5.3 installed.

I read that through the migration manager on the new server, i can perform an import from my old server to the new one. My question would be... what will it import? Will it import only the users and domains, or also all data (web, mail, MySQL, etc) and settings?

The new version of plesk has minimal configuration. At the moment I have only upgraded some packages through Yum with ART and installed a few IP's and i'm wating to do more until I know for sure what the migration does... otherwise i'll have to do it by hand in order to be 100% sure that it will work.

Will this migration manager also import the DNS servers, or do I need to configure them before the migration (or after?) on the new server.. since i'm also getting new IP addresses.

Final question... when I migrate, there will probably be two copies (old and new server) running while the DNS settings propagate... so data on both ends might be written. How is such usually handled? For example... mail can come in on the old as well as new server, depending on the DNS refresh times of the client who sent it. How can I stop that from happening? or is it possible for mail to be imported?

Back