• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Pre purchase questions

Peter Carlsson

Basic Pleskian
Hi guys,

I just found Plesk and i love it. I wonder if i could ask some questions before i decide on buying a license:

1. I played around with different trial installs and i found Centos 7 a bit quicker than Ubuntu so i will go with Centos if you don't advise against it?

2. I will run only Node.js apps and every site will have 2 apps www.customer.com and api.customer.com i guess these will count as 2 domains right?

3. I don't really understand the purpose of webspaces, can anyone please explain how to use it and why?

4. Will an VPS with 4GB ram and 2 cpu be enough to run 10-20 low traffic sites in Plesk?

5. I like PM2 and i haven't installed the Node extension. I installed Node manually and just put my proxy settings in Nginx settings. It work fine but do you recommend using only the Node extension and if so how could i run Node in cluster and auto restart upon server reboot?

6. The WEB ADMIN EDITION license will cover my needs but i might have to buy the WEB PRO EDITION just because the domain limit. I will not use any customer functions like file sharing, mail accounts and what not, only add sites/db's and ssl so is there anything besides the domain limit i will gain with the WEB PRO EDITION?

Thank you.

1. It's up to you. We support all supported OSes equally, and this is only your choice, which OS is most convenient for you.
2. As far as I remember subdomains are counted in Plesk Domain License limit.
3. Domains and subdomains in Plesk is only entry points from web to webspace (place on your disk). You can have several domain/subomains which have the same entry point or in other words place on the disk.
4. Yes. Hardware Requirements for Plesk
6. Most probably that you will need some kind of Developer Tools or WordPress Toolkit. More details about differences you can find here Plesk Editions or ask here https://www.plesk.com/licensing-and-purchase-support/

Back