• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[pre sales] IP/DNS settings and default page - google cloud

GaryMc

New Pleskian
Hey so im trying out plesk on a google cloud VM instance (Debian debian-7-wheezy) my doamin is hosted on 123-reg and using google cloud DNS name servers and use google apps for business for mail etc.. . using this method my hosted services works perfectly.

but i thought i would give plesk control panel a try and sell some hosting to my friends etc.. (hence the pre sales and trial).

on the home page it gives the internal IP address within google cloud not the actual (external static) IP address my site/domain uses. this matters as when i go to my domain in plesk and look at the ip address and set it to my external ip address the site doesn't work and only shows the default plesk install pages. however, if i change my site to use the internal ip address it works perfect OK. why is this?

it also doesn't allow me to connect via FTP (works fine without plesk) - firewall is OK, opened the correct ports etc.. i think the issue is instead of trying to connect to the external IP its set up the FTP to work with the internal IP only which obviously when trying to connect to via filezilla doesn't work.

i figure this comes to DNS and IP issues and im not sure what to set my DNS setting to inside Plesk so my users can use FTP, Mail etc..

so how do i change my ip address to be the correct one? and what do i set my DNS settings to? will this solve the issue of default plesk page? im i going way of track and its some other thing thats the issue?

thanks for any help

p.s i tried to contact support but im unable to as i haven't got a license yet and im trying it out - if i get it to work ill buy one if not ill go back to my usual cpanel set up.

p.s p.s plesk team - you should set up a pre-sales support (if there is one where is it? i couldn't find one)

Attachments

• plesk1.png
    plesk1.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 9
  • plesk2.png
    plesk2.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 9
  • plesk3.png
    plesk3.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
yeah your comment kind of helped, i messed around with the server and decided to delete it and create a new one but i installed Debian 8 which allowed me to install plesk 12.5 (i had 12.0 installed, so your link didnt really help that way) as soon as i installed 12.5 i seen that setting and it worked perfectly.

another question i have is inside the domain dns settings should i leave as is or should i change them to the google cloud DNS? (i think ill need to inorder to make the email system work - not tested it yet as i usually use apps for business and smtp).

P.s in order to get ftp through the NAT i had to do the following as well

edit:
/etc/proftpd.conf

and inside the global tags i placed

#passive ftp ports where the numbers are the ports range you want to use i went with 50001 50100
PassivePorts 60000 65534

then reloaded the server (or the services i had a reset planned so i just reset the server). inside google cloud i also had to allow the ports specified before through the firewall.

Back