• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Preventing DoS attacks by IIS dynamic IP restriction

Luca_Fly

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2016 Standard x64 based - IIS 10.0.14393.0
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition Version 18.0.44 Update #3
Hello,
I have:
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition
Version 18.0.44 Update #3
Windows Server 2016 Standard x64 based
IIS 10.0.14393.0

The "Preventing DoS attacks by IIS dynamic IP restriction" settings are not synchronized with IIS.
Checkboxes are always unchecked after page refresh.
I enable "Preventing DoS ..." and "Deny IP addresses based ...", insert the parameters and click "Apply". The page refreshes and tells me "The settings were successfully updated.", But the checkboxes come back unchecked.
The real problem is that if I make another change on this page and the Dos checkboxes are unchecked, I think I have disabled these Dos options, but that's not true. In IIS they remain active.
If I disable these options in IIS and refresh the Plesk page, the checkboxes are unchecked, but if I click "Apply" the checkboxes remain unchecked, but in IIS these settings become active again.
Also if I change the DoS restriction values in IIS, these values do not update in Plesk.

So, I can get around the problem, but this is a bit confusing. If I don't look at IIS, I never know what my settings are like.
Especially if I deactivate them from IIS, Plesk will reactivate them in any case if I need to do "Apply" in Plesk.

Another small detail is that in Plesk I don't have the possibility to activate the "Only Log mode".

Thank you
Luca

Back