• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem after upgrade (dovecot imap killed with signal 11)

PawelK

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52
Hello,

After updating the server, I can't see the content of e-mail accounts. Mail to accounts arrives fine, but cannot be seen with imap.
I see in the logs:
serwer dovecot: service=imap, user=[email protected], ip=[any.ip.add.res]. Fatal: master: service(imap): child 20553 killed with signal 11 (core dumped).
I'm out of ideas.... No other errors, dovecot doesn't show errors when reloading

Ubuntu 18 is very old and does not get updates anymore.

Any no other syslog messages related to dovecot?

The issue could be caused by an unsupported custom configuration of Dovecot. Some of such plugins are not supported in newer Dovecot versions anymore. When you have updated your server, it is possible that Dovecot was updated to a newer version that does not support the old plugins. Do you maybe have this file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/99-fts.conf? In that case, please edit the content. Leave this part:
Code:
protocol imap {
mail_plugins = "quota imap_quota fts fts_squat"
}
Remove plugins, e.g. remove a section like
Code:
plugin {
fts = squat
fts_squat = partial=4 full=10
fts_autoindex = yes
}

Thanks for your help, I uninstalled dovecot, deleted the /etc/dovecot directory and reinstalled . Everything started. Case closed.

Back