• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem after upgrade with Apache / Nginx

hollosch

New Pleskian
After upgrade to Plesk Onyx, several domains on my installation have problems with pathes / mod_rewrite / friendly URLs :-(
(Systems are Wordpress, xenforo and other systems usin friendly URLs)

I tried some things in the domain configuration to solve this problem, but it doesn't work like before...
Is there no solution for the whole system to use the webserver as it was before upgrade to Plesk Onyx ???

Related threads:

Hi hollosch,

pls. note that the most common used NGINX rewrite rule could be used for SINGLE wordpress - installations ( NO multisites ):

Code:
        if (!-e $request_filename) {
            rewrite ^(.+)$ /index.php break;
        }

Pls. keep in mind, that other content than wordpress may use different rewrite - rules, so that it might be necessary to insert additional NGINX rewrites for (sub)domains, when you use the combination APACHE+NGINX on your server. Most content providers will provide informations about the additional NGINX rewrite rules, which you should follow to avoid issues/errors/problems.

If you would like more help from the Plesk Community, pls. provide exact informations about the used content, because there is no general "global" NGINX rewrite rule, which can be used for all sorts of content. ;)
Pls. keep as well in mind, that additional wordpress plugins may need as well additional NGINX rewrite rules in order to work correctly - and again, you should find informations on the support - pages of the used additional wordpress plugins.

Sorry, but this resolution is not so. Transferring a Wordpress site using the Plesk Transfer tool from one server to another sets up in error the setting in the Domain > Hosting Settings >PHP Support > FPM Application served by NGINX. Change the dropdown for the FPM to FPM application served by apache - save/apply and restart server. This will fix your permalink settings in Wordpress to operate correctly.
This error also happens in some situations when setting up a virgin Wordpress site. You will not have to change your .htaccess file settings from the standard ones for multisite or force SSL HTTPS as recommended by Wordpress.
Why Nginx was made as a default I do not know. The other statement that you can change it from the tools and settings is also not so. I looked for over an hour. Also phpinfo even when mod_rewrite is set as a default for the Apache web server and is running on your server it is not shown when nginx is in operation.

Back