• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem delivery to any exchange server

A

avme

Hi All,

Its a funny scenario but one i hope can be fixed, i hold a vast amount of domains on my paraellels
plesk server which is running 8.6. A numbe rof these domains i have installed exchange server
at there offices and point all mail from there domain to there exchange servers.

Using MX pointing say for instance

MX5 mail.domain.co.uk IP 1.92.168.1.X

the exchange delivery side works fine so i know the MX is working right, but if i try and send an email
from another domain on the the plesk server it never ever reachs the exchange box....

www.innrecovery.co.uk is a good example, ive installed the mod for qmail to record the smtp logs
and this is whats being written in the file.....

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: (qmail 6039 invoked by uid 0); 28 Jan 2009 10:56:07 +0000
Date: 28 Jan 2009 10:56:07 +0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: Email Address
Subject: Exchange Mail Checking
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

* DSorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
* it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)
* ^@
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------->

have removed email address's for spamming purposes!

can any one see anything a miss or tell me why this is happening, i imagine its somthing to do with
the fact with nat transversal or something where the box cant determine an outside address or something
along those lines.

I would realy really appreciate nay help with this or suggestions...
i am a confident plesk and linux administrator so dont worry about the newbie scenario

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advanced

Alan

I have the same problem also, local domains in plesk will not send or recieve emails to our corporate mail server that is hosted else where.

It seems that even with the correct MX records pointing offsite from the plesk server, local plesk domains seem to think the need to deliver locally still.

Did you ever get it working or come up with a fix for your issue?

Mail delivering Locally:

Hi There,

Hes i did find a fix for it..

make sure in the domain which has the MX pointing to the exchnage server
has the mail completely turned off...

so go to...

control panel home | Customer | Domain Name | Mail |

In the tools section at the top you have the option to turn off mail completely
when turned off the plesk server will then lookup the MX properly and choose best
preference which is locally....

Once you do the above this will then correct your problem

Alan

Thanks alot i never thought of that.

Only thing now is if the mail server for the domain is disabled, i wonder if that will affect contact forms that use mail scripts.

Mail delivering Locally:

Hi there,

I just checked a few of my disabled mail domains and managed to send email
through email scripts...

See below

---------------------------------------->

mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: $from\nContent-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");

--------------------------------------->

Thats a direct inject intop qmail and i received the emails at hotmail, googlemail and my own private domain

Hope that solves ure problem, been bugging me for about 4 weeks

Alan

Cool i appreciate you passing this on to me, this has been driving me nuts also for a couple weeks. I actually have our corporate site running on a VPS in-house on our hosting system but been wanting to move it to our off-site plesk server while i prep to destroy and rebuild our in-house system which is HSPC/VZ Manger/and Plesk VPS's.

The in-house system needs to be done from scratch so i've moved everyone in-house to the offsite plesk server but was stuck with this issue until now. Again thanks for the heads up on getting this resolved for me.

Mail delivering Locally:

No worries...

Where would we be with out forums... i for one would be plenty stuffed
please let me know if this does fix your problem....

Alan

Back