• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Problem] Disk Space is growing...

L

LukasP

Hi,

starting some days ago I am getting emails from Plesk which say "On your domain : XYZ, owned by XYZ, is approaching or already exceeded the limits "

And the disk space is way out of hand....I mean the domain is using somehow 20Gb...but it says that the domain is now already at 94GB !!! How's this happening ?

I just read that it can be somehow a process running in the background or somthing similar. But can someone provide me some more "detailed" instructions how i can get to that process or the file which is growing and growing ??

Some infos 'bout my system:

Plesk 9.5.3
Suse Linux Dedicated Server 11.1

Thx in advance.

Try to find max value with

select * from disk_usage where dom_id=XXX\G

Thx for that info.

My question is now..where do I have to enter it ? In MYSQL ? The "dom_id" means just the ID of the Domain, correct? Where can I find the ID of each domain ?

And what does the "/G" mean ?

Thx for help. :)

Could be logs of the website, i have some sites that have many php error, with some access the error logs grow to almost 1gb.

verify into the error_log using du -h /var/www/vhosts/SITENAME/statistics/logs/error_log

using the Full Report in the Plesk what is showing using so much space?

Thx for that info.

My question is now..where do I have to enter it ? In MYSQL ? The "dom_id" means just the ID of the Domain, correct? Where can I find the ID of each domain ?

And what does the "/G" mean ?

Thx for help. :)

dom_id can be found with placing mouse pointer over domain name in Plesk interface. It is SQL query for psa database. How to login to psa database - http://kb.odin.com/en/170
/G - for placing information in column but not in line.

@ m0rpheu5 :

Just had a look at the logs...but they were "just" 60Mb big. Deleted the content of them. Nothing big happened. ;)

@IgorG :

Tried that one in the psa database...but didn't get that result i wanted. If I point with the cursor over my domain in Plesk i got that line :

...plesk/client@1/domain@4

I suppose that the "4" is the ID. So, according to your suggestion, what is the correct line ?

--> select * from disk_usage where dom_id=4\G

Just entered that one above.

The result was this one :

I got an error which says :

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\G

LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1

Ok..so i just removed the \G...and entered that command again:

select * from disk_usage where dom_id=4

and got this result :

dom_id = 4
httpdocs = 10763313152
httpsdocs = 638976
subdomains = 0
web_users = 4096
anonftp= 20480
logs= 153931776
dbases= 239288320
mailboxes = 593920
webapps = 0
maillists = 0
domaindumps= 120915336084
configs = 0
chroot = 0

And well..what does it say me ? I mean..i see that the domaindumps is nearly as big as the space which is used by the process...today Plesk told me that it reached 125 Gb !! (and as i told already...the site is only 11 GB big)

Back