• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem forwarding emails hosted on another Plesk server

Jay Versluis

Regular Pleskian
Hi there,

I've run into a problem where email forwarding from one Plesk server doesn't seem to work to an email address hosted on another Plesk server. Have you heard of this before?

Let me explain:
so I've got [email protected] hosted on Plesk Machine 1, and this email forwards to [email protected]. [email protected] is hosted on Plesk Machine 2 and is setup with a mailbox. It works fine when I send mail directly to [email protected], but emails get rejected when they get forwarded from [email protected].

Likewise, if I switch off forwarding on [email protected] and turn it into a mailbox then mail will arrive in said mailbox.

If I turn forwarding on [email protected] on again, remove the mailbox and instead forward mails to my Yahoo account the forwarding works fine. However, if I then redirect the forwarding back to [email protected] they don't arrive there.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

I think the issue is a relay issue. could you check your maillog file using
Code:
tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
on the domain2.com server while sending a mail to domain1.com with forwarding enabled.

Is domain1.com configured on the second server? This could cause the relaying issue, too.

Something else to look at...

Do you have any kind of spam filtering enabled on the server2 mailbox?

If you do, maybe try adding the domain1 to the server wide white list on server2 and try sending again...

If you have spam filtering enabled, are you using any DNSBL services. Maybe your server1 IP has been listed for some reason. You can check here

Also, do you any kind of SPF rules active

Last edited:
Back