• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem: Nginx Proxy Reverse to install Certificate SSL in Plesk 12.5

Robert444

New Pleskian
I have a problem.
I recently upgraded Plesk to 12.5 and bought a SSL certificate.

The provider of RapidSSL provided me a guide (https://knowledge.rapidssl.com/supp.../index?page=content&actp=CROSSLINK&id=SO28489)

All installation was correct but does not work when I place https://mydomain, so I requested support to the provider of RapidSSL and he told me that the SSL certificate is installed correctly, the problem is the reverse proxy that has Plesk with Nginx .

I looked for the way to solve this problem, but did not succeed because the guides are without Plesk, so the nginx.conf file sends me the following notice:
---------------
#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
---------------

Apparently I have to do all from Plesk. Can anyone help me or show me a link on how to achieve instlación 12.5 SSL with Plesk ?

Thank you!

Pre-requisite: Remove the manual changes that you applied to the Apache config files.

Assuming you are viewing Plesk from the subscription/customer view:
1) Log in to your customer control panel (GUI) of Plesk.
2) Click on the "Websites & Domains" tab and scroll to the domain you bought the certificate for.
3) Click on the "SSL Certificsates" icon.
4) Click "Add SSL Certificate".
5) Give your certificate a name, then scroll down to the "Private key", "Certificate" and "CA certificate" fields.
6) Paste the key, certificate and certificate chain (CA certificate) information into the fields.
7) Click the "Upload certificate" button.

Check Websites&Domains>Domain>Hosting settings>Security>SSL support and select your certificate from the drop down list unless it is already activated anyway.

Thanks Peter
all steps and did, and does not work,
I think is missing configure the proxy nginx reverse, but not how to do,
all support on nginx and ssl is unused plesk

You do not need to make any changes to the default Nginx configuration templates or files. Neither to the Apache templates or files. It may take the server restart time frame that you defined in the Tools&Settings>Apache configuration until changes to the SSL configuration come into effect, but if you upload the certificates as described, they will do what they are supposed to do.

thanks for your help
do not change anything in settings nginx or templates

restart time in my plesk zero mark.

and I restart nginx, apache and all server

and not what else to do

Back