• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem restoring domains, same Plesk version as backup

MarkBKK

New Pleskian
Two questions:

1. What is the temporary directory in /usr where Plesk puts temporary files while restoring a domain?

2. Is there any way to force Plesk to use a different temporary directory?

Problem: When I try to restore some domains, Plesk crashes because the restore process fills up some subdirectory on the /usr partition. I have looked all over but can't find that subdirectory, and I suspect it's buried somewhere among the myriad subdirectories within the tree.

Once the /usr partition fills up, you cannot access the Plesk control panel.

I got a temporary solution by deleting some log files but /usr is now only 99.9% full, and it's only a matter of time until I'm locked out again.

Obviously, I don't want to reinstall everything just because my recommended 5 GB /usr partition is not enough to restore a domain that was a few gigabytes in size.

I'm sure this is a common problem because you can find it countless times in a Google search, but nobody seems to know where the temporary directory is for plesk restore.

Who knows a solution to this problem?

I eventually found the directory: /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs

That is the temporary directory where the backup was being decompressed! 2.5 GB when it filled up the /usr partition.

Is there any way to change the location of the restore temporary files?

Or is there a way in Linux to remap that particular directory and any new subdirectories and files to somewhere in the /var partition?

This problem makes it practically impossible to restore large backups onto a new Plesk server. Plesk should be using the /var partition, the same one it uses for backups and most everything else.

Back