• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Restore a 2,5GB Backup

Seibold

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update Nr. 4
Hello,
I am not a ssh professioal and for this I have some trouble and ask for help now...
Restoring a backup with SSh:
PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="moulder" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification figuraproxima.de/backup/backup_info_1.xml.tar
does not work: Error: must run as root.
So I uploaded the file in the folder that should be used by the backupmanager, ( figuraproxima.de/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/figuraproxima.de/backup_info_1.xml.tar
But backupmanager can not find any file. Seems to be the wrong directory.

What is the correct folder for the Obsidian backup system to find that tar file?

and yes I tried to find the answer in pevious posts, no success...

It doesn't work like this. The local file structure is different, it will not detect the single .tar file. Two possible solutions:

a) You could first escalate your privileges to root, e.g. running su, then continue with your initial plan to import the file.
b) You could place the file into a directory with FTP access, then allow local FTP storage in the Backup Manager, set the "remote" backup location to that local storage space and open the backup from there.

It doesn't work like this. The local file structure is different, it will not detect the single .tar file. Two possible solutions:

a) You could first escalate your privileges to root, e.g. running su, then continue with your initial plan to import the file.
b) You could place the file into a directory with FTP access, then allow local FTP storage in the Backup Manager, set the "remote" backup location to that local storage space and open the backup from there.
a: I did so, but then I see different folders and files. ( error: unable to get directory, no such file) At the moment I try to figure out the folder structure of that Ubuntu system. .. seem not easy to get that information.
b: I did so. Now I try to configure the Backupmanager for local files. It refuses.:p at the moment only remote ftp servers are allowed.

c: I try to make my 2,35GB .tar file smaller.... :rolleyes:

a: I did so, but then I see different folders and files. ( error: unable to get directory, no such file) At the moment I try to figure out the folder structure of that Ubuntu system. .. seem not easy to get that information.
When you escalate to root, you're probably located in either /home, /home/root or /root. Your file path needs to be absolute to /, so you probably need to enter

PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="moulder" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /var/www/vhosts/<subscription domain>/figuraproxima.de/backup/backup_info_1.xml.tar

(or wherever your file is located).

b: I did so. Now I try to configure the Backupmanager for local files. It refuses.:p at the moment only remote ftp servers are allowed.

Backup Settings, please check "Allow setting up FTP backup storage on the local server:

1702550087349.png
c: I try to make my 2,35GB .tar file smaller.... :rolleyes:
Won't work.

PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="moulder" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /var/www/vhosts/<subscription domain>/figuraproxima.de/backup/backup_info_1.xml.tar

Worked! amazing :D
actually restoring the backup.....:D

Guess I need to learn a lot about ssh.

Very funny today.. :D

The first attempt for restoring a backup worked. I did the same procedure a second time at an other Domain and the backupmanager refuses to show the file.
Warning: Some files in FTP storage do not appear in the list because their names do not follow the backup file naming convention. If you are sure that the files are valid backups, name them according to the following pattern: "backup_comms.de_.tar"

Okay, so I renamed the file exactly to backup_comms.de_.tar. and still it is invisible cause of wrong name.
I can see the file with ssh, it is the correct file at correct place, named like suggested.:rolleyes:

Back