• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem updating to 9.5.1

W

WalterE

Hi,
i tried to update my Plesk from 9.3.0 to 9.5.1 but my License Key does not updatet. Now i tried to solve the problem as described here http://kb.odin.com/en/6096 . Downgraded the libcurl to 7.15.5-1etch1 and after that the ples admin page wont load. The only thing what helps is upgrade to the libcurl 7.18.2-8. This is great. The key will update only with 7.15.5 and the page will only work with 7.18, great. Hope this will fixed as soon as possible.

Sincerly

Walter Eder

What do you mean "License Key was not updated"? Do you mean error during upgrade process or when you click button in License Manager, or what? What sort of error was there? What is version of OS?
Need more details.

I mean the Key for updating Plesk to 9.5.1. The key in the License Manager reports no error.

Details

The Server is running under Debian 5.0, Plesk is 9.3.0. The problem is the License-Key for updating to 9.5.1. In license-Manager i get no error.

When you have received this error with license upgrading? According to this thread there was really problem with it, but it was fixed by developers some time ago.

Update

On plesk Panle i choose update, then the update process will stop and i get a e-mail with the following error message: File downloading PSA_9.5.1/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 48%..100% was finished.
Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK006047150010 to version=9.5.1
Error: Failed to connect to the licensing server.

I found her in the Forum that the problem is the libcurl 7.18.2-8 and one tip was to downgrade to 7.15.5. After that the i cant´t open the admin-panel, i only get a Internal Server Error, so to open the admin-panel is to upgrade, but then no update of Plesk.

Thanks

Walter Eder

Upddate

Thanks for the answer, but this is not my problem. The Plesk Key server is reachable, no problem with all the 3 commands. The problem is like this one http://kb.odin.com/en/6096 , but downgrade the libcurl wont help, because the admin-page is no more reachable after that.

Again, if i will update plesk on Plesk admin page the update aborts with the following message: Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK006047150010 to version=9.5.1

And: Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

In http://kb.odin.com/en/6096 the following error message " curl -k https://ka.parallels.com:5224
curl: (35) error:1406D0CB:SSL routines:GET_SERVER_HELLO:peer error no cipher" is the same as on mine system. There is written the problem is libcurl 7.18.2-8. , which is installed on my system. On this site is the Resolution to downgrade libcurl to versin 7.15.5-1etch1. If i do this, i get a "Internal Server Error" on trying to access the Plesk admin-page. To access the admin-page i have to upgrade the libcurl, but after that i get the above error-message.

What is LANG setting you have on your server? Try to set it to "C" with 'export LANG="C"' and inform with results.

Update

Had no LANG on my server, set it to C but changes nothing. Is there a way to start update at the console and not at the web interface?

Yes, just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and follow instruction.

Ok. then i will downgrade the libcurl and try to use autoinstalller. Will poste result

If i downgrade libcurl to 7.15 and start autoinstaller i got a message to run apt-get with -f option. If i do this the system will upgrade to the 7.18 version. What can i do to fix this or is the only one to stay at Plesk 9.3?

Hi Igor,

same here trying to upgrade vom 9.3.0 to 9.5.1.

When using autoinstaller on debian lenny (5.0) the installer exits with failure message:

Exchanging information with licensing server.
Downloading the file PSA_9.5.1/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 48%..100% done.
XMLRPC remote call failed: HTTP error #-1 occurred

Calling the getkeyinfo script from console shows information from license server:

~/parallels/PSA_9.5.1# sh plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
Key Info v1.0
PleskLogin
PleskPassword
https://ka.swsoft.com:5224/
PLSK012100450000
*password deleted*

Tested with libcurl (7.15.5-1etch3 and 7.18.2-8lenny4) both without success.

Hello,

Same there:
Downloading the file PSA_9.5.1/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license key
will result in the installation of a default license key with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license key before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]: n
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

./plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
Key Info v1.0
PleskLogin
PleskPassword
PLSKXXXXXXXXXX
---hidden---

Regards,
Alex

Error: The license key is invalid.

Hello,

I've problem after upgrade to 9.5.1, too. Today, when I logged in the Plesk after upgrade, the page redirected to license management page. In this page I had this error:

Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Parallels Plesk Panel, please obtain and install a new functioning license key.
You are trying to use license key created for other version of Parallels Plesk Panel. Contact Parallels sales representatives to get the correct license key.
The amount of currently used resources overrides the limits defined by your license.
The number of web sites hosted on the server exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 152 sites hosted; your license allows hosting only 1 sites.
The number of served client accounts exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 14 client accounts currently served; your license allows serving only 2 client accounts.
The number of served e-mail accounts exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 423 e-mail accounts currently served; your license allows serving only 1 e-mail accounts.
The number of served web user accounts exceeds the limits defined by your license. You have 4 web user accounts currently served; your license allows serving only 1 web user accounts.
My license is valid till to month later. Also I use CentOS 5.

Please help to solve it.

Regards,

I have the sdame error. I also get this one

" Trying to executing mail_restore to synchronize mail server settings and Plesk Database... Number of arguments is invalid.
Number of arguments is invalid."

Hello,

Same there:
Downloading the file PSA_9.5.1/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license key
will result in the installation of a default license key with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license key before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]: n
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

./plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
Key Info v1.0
PleskLogin
PleskPassword
PLSKXXXXXXXXXX
---hidden---

Regards,
Alex

Alex run it again and say yes. Then after it's upgraded log in to the panel and the retrieve new license key.

You can only get the latest key if you are running 9.5.1.

As long as your sus is current you will get the key. I been running 9.5.1 on Fedora 11 the day it was released and ONLY this way will you upgrade.

Hello

Same error here. I tried to update from 9.3 to 9.5.1.

Martin

Back