• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem using domain mail aliases

tiennou

New Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
# PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Parallels Plesk Panel (Linux) 11.0.9 Update #36

uname -a
Linux *REDACTED* 2.6.38.2-xxxx-std-ipv6-64 #2 SMP Thu Aug 25 16:43:23 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I'm trying to set up a domain mail alias (redirect all mails from domain-a.com to domain-b.com, see http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=257708 for a help request). It's pretty hard to find information about this on the web, but I managed to discover that the mailmng (/opt/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng) CLI command does allow this, it has a --add-domain-alias option.

I've successfully used this to make my domain aliasing work. Mails sent to domain-a.com are delivered to domain-b.com without me having to create a hundred duplicate mailboxes. I can confirm the qmail /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains config file match what I want :
domain-a.com:1
domain-b.com:1
other-domain.com:2

The problem is that Plesk seems to overwrite this config (the config file gets reset to each domain name having separate id numbers), so the whole aliasing thing fall apart. It does this seemingly randomly (I don't have any idea when the config gets refreshed, or if it's logged somewhere that the refresh happened). Which is a bug, since I'm using mailmng (which might be undocumented but does what I need).

# STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Perform:
/opt/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --add-domain-alias --domain-name=domain-a.com --domain-alias-name=domain-b.com --set-reject

2) Check that it works by sending a mail to a domain-b.com address, checking that it end up in domain-a.com address.

3) Wait.

4) Have people come see you saying that it doesn't work anymore.

5) Repeat.

# ACTUAL RESULT

Domain mail alias works.

# EXPECTED RESULT

Domain mail alias works, but fails after an undetermined amount of time.

# ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back